[ltp] A30 TP info, please

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:43:32 -0400

I have 1 1/2 A30s
One is a very nice laptop, good graphics, and most everything else except
battery life which is quite short on this model.
I get about 1 1/2 hours on my A30s and over four hours on my 390x boxes.
The second machine is very nice also except that it suffers from what
seems to
be a very common problem on A30s and A31s.
It has a motherboard problem and if you stress the case even slightly
the video
may distort or the machine may even reboot.
The A22M also seems to have about the same problem.
Motherboards for both of these models are hard to find and expensive!!!

If you want a good cheap laptop and you have modest requirements, I would
like to suggest the 390x with the 14" screen.
The 15" models have a nicer and brighter screen but they suffer from a
just plain stupid lcd cable design that tends to break down and once
again is
hard to find and expensive.

These work well with every Linux distro that I've tried and they are
darn near giving
them away on ebay.