[ltp] Mute button toggle

Ignacio Fernández Galván linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:56:18 +0200

Bret Comstock Waldow, 24-08-2005:

>> OTOH, there's no way to make sure it's not muted except by (maybe)
>> changing
>> the level.
>
> I am using the kmilo plugin to get volume change notification.
>
> Using that, I see that the behavior is to unmute the volume without
> changing
> the last setting.  Pushing the + or - buttons a second time changes the
> volume as expected, but the first push that unmutes the sound does not
> change
> the volume.
>
> So there's no loss in the setup.  Mute only mutes, + or - only changes
> the
> volume if it's not muted.  From muted, + or - only unmutes.

Yes, that's the way it works, it can be seen in the OSD in windows or with
tpb. I agree nothing is lost in this way and it's probably the most
sensible setup, but I still wonder if it's possible to change this
behaviour, at least at software level.

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es