[ltp] Its not heat, its not memory... what is it?

Kilian CAVALOTTI linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:46:58 +0200

On Wednesday 24 August 2005 16:25, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
>  	I just had another lockup when I unplugged my CD/DVD burner
> from usb and plugged it back in. Once the bus was scanned, boom! Lock.
>
>  	So perhaps this is more chip-related than heat or vide driver.
>
>  	The annoying thing is that it locks up 10+ times per-day now.

To eliminate any software-related glitch, you could perhaps try to boot a=20
LiveCD and play around, to see if locks still occur. Eventually, I mean if=
=20
you're in real despair, you could even try a Windows LiveCD (hint, keyword:=
=20
ubcd).

=2D-=20
Kilian CAVALOTTI                      Administrateur r=E9seaux et syst=E8mes
UPMC / CNRS - LIP6 (C870)
8, rue du Capitaine Scott                          Tel. : 01 44 27 88 54