[ltp] T40p and internal Agere System AC'97 modem

Michael Stilkerich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:00:49 +0200

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

* David Oesch <doesch@gmx.ch> [2005-08-24 15:39]:
> Now should I install the SmartLink driver? (slmodem)  I read some people
> had "lost" their sound card after installation......
Well, I got it running here (T40p, too). You may choose between the sl-modem
driver and the intel-8x0m driver that comes with ALSA, it's up to you.
I use the sl-modem driver since the ALSA driver does not work after suspending
any more.

In either case, you will require sl-modem-daemon to setup the device and the
/dev/modem symlink.

For your convenience,
/etc/default/sl-modem-daemon
is attached to this email. If you choose the ALSA driver you will need to change
the SLMODEMD_DEVICE=slamr0 option to SLMODEMD_DEVICE=hw:1.

You probably need to adjust the country, too.

-Mike

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

# NOTE: settings in /etc/defautls/slmodemd are used too

# set this to 1 to never run the daemon from the init script
DONTSTART=0

# This is the default configuration for the slmodem driver daemon
# running on Debian systems.
#
# Edit device node and country code here ...
#
# possible country codes are:
#
#   USA
#   GERMANY
#   BELGIUM
#   etc.
#
#  use 'slmodemd --countrylist' to check out other countries
#
#
#SLMODEMD_DEVICE=slamr0
#SLMODEMD_COUNTRY=GERMANY

#SLMODEMD_DEVICE=hw:1
SLMODEMD_DEVICE=slamr0
SLMODEMD_COUNTRY=GERMANY

#
# Additional options for slmodemd, see "slmodemd -h" output for details.
# Do NOT set country or device if you have selected them via the
# variables above

OPTS=""

# force the start of the daemon even if old type modules seem to be
# installed (set it to 1)

FORCESTART=0

# set this to not see any hints of the init script on startup

# BEQUIET=1

# set this to not create the /dev/modem symlink

# NOSYMLINK=1

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg--