[ltp] Its not heat, its not memory... what is it?

Mike Kershaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:45:06 -0400

--TRYliJ5NKNqkz5bu

> 	I also thought it might have something to do with the sound=20
> card, because it locks up at lower heat, but almost immediately if I=20
> am inside an OpenGL application and I increase/decrease the volume=20
> using the hard-buttons on the case (above the F4/F5/F6 buttons).

If you're using tpb or another on-screen display for your volume
buttons, that could be the issue.  I know at least some iterations of
the ATI 3d driver did terrible things to themselves if an OSD appeared
over a 3d element.

-m

--=20
Mike Kershaw/Dragorn <dragorn@kismetwireless.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 3546 89DF 3C9D ED80 3381  A661 D7B2 8822 738B BDB1

Censorship, like charity, should begin at home, but
unlike charity, it should end there. -- Clare Boothe Luce

--TRYliJ5NKNqkz5bu

--TRYliJ5NKNqkz5bu--