[ltp] Touchpad smarts?

Steven J. Owens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:49:09 -0400

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 10:12:21PM -0400, Noah Dain wrote:
> the touchpad is made by synaptics.  There is a rather powerfull driver
> for them available for xfree/xorg.  Ubuntu comes with it, although
> it's in a separate package.  There is also a command-line
> configuration program, and those configs can be put into
> XF86Config/xorg.conf.
>
> http://web.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/index.html

     I'm not sure what "Ubuntu comes wtih it, although it's in a
separate package" means.  Do you mean it is part of the default
install, although in a differnt package than the xfree/xorg package?

     In which case, does that mean I don't need to install it and I
already have all the benefits?

--
Steven J. Owens
puff@darksleep.com