bootable cdrom for thinkpad T2x (t22) Re: [ltp] t22 battery replacement dead?

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 23:47:46 -0400 (EDT)

> Ok, I've done it, a fully functional copy of all three disks on a
> bootable cdrom.

 	While I applaud your efforts, I think the floppy approach
really does exercise the battery much more than the cdrom drive, with
regard to draining the battery faster. If you run the "Battery
Rundown" with the floppy attached (and disk 3 in the drive after
booting and loading the first two disks), the drive "chainsaws" back
and forth until the battery runs out.

 	With a cdrom-based bootup, it consumes much less power and
seems to take significantly longer to run down the battery than with
the floppy approach.

 	Good all around though, if you can let it run overnight to run
it down from a full charge.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com