[ltp] My T22 backlight has died - how do I fix it?

Wookey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:49:44 +0100

Over the last few months my backlight became more and more sluggish to turn
on. recetly it went from 'up to 5 mins' to 'up to an hour', and now appears
to have finally crokaed and hasn't come on in more than 10 hours of operation.

I think it's knackered. So, does anyone know what type of backlight it is on
these machines (CCFL, LED, something else), and whether it is the
tubes/whatever which tends to die or the inverter/controller which powers
them. And where pysically is the inverter and the actual light source?

Any clues welcome. I am quite happy to take the thing to bits again and do
reasonably hard-core replacement of bits if I knew what was needed. Although
it may be that 'buy a new old one' will be more cost-effective.

TIA

Wookey