[ltp] Re: 390 sound: YESSSSS!

Helen Borrie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:31:17 +1000

Thanks to Bert Haskins and others, I now have full glorious sound on my
TP390E.

1.  Breakthrough:  disabled PCI Power Bus management in the BIOS program

2.  Logged on, opened a console window and su root

3.  alsaconf

When alsaconf had done its stuff, I started xmms and had sound!   Full and
beautiful, yes, on my Logitech Pro stereo headset, though thin and v.quiet
on the system's speakers, even with rheo control and kmixer volumes at full
tilt.  No matter - it works and I can dig out some external speakers.

4.  I also did alsactl store, to save the settings, as recommended by one
of you.  Not sure if it has stuck, yet, as it reported it had no soundcard
to apply it to.  So probably still a bit to do to make this perfect.

Thanks,
Helen