[ltp] Wifi on R52 with Ubuntu Hoary

Jaime Iniesta linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 09:19:08 +0200

------=_Part_8616_5494532.1125127148776

Hi! I've got a little question about wifi on my R52, I hope you can help me=
.

I installed Ubuntu Hoary on my R52 and I'm very happy as all the hardware=
=20
has been correctly detected and configured out-of-the-box.

I thought the wireless card was not working well because, although the=20
applet connection on GNOME showed that it received a strong signal, I was=
=20
not able to surf the web with it. Strange enough, I could surf my router's=
=20
internal web page. It seemed like there was no DNS resolution when using=20
wireless.

Anyway, yesterday I found where the problem was: the wireless card=20
connection is working perfectly, it's only that to have DNS resolution on=
=20
it, I have to deactivate the LAN (non-wireless) card. It seems like is=20
always trying to go through the LAN card (eth0) instead of wireless (eth1),=
=20
even if there is no LAN cable attached to it and wireless is available.

This is not a major problem but a bit of a hassle. Most of the time I work=
=20
wired on the local network, but when I want to go wireless I have to=20
deactivate eth0 first. Could this be done automatically, make my computer=
=20
smart enough to detect which connection is available and use it?

Thanks !

--=20

Jaime Iniesta AKA Capit=E1n planeta
email: capitanplaneta ARROBA gmail PUNTO com
jabber: capitanplaneta ARROBA jabberes PUNTO org
webs: http://capitanplaneta.blogspot.com/

------=_Part_8616_5494532.1125127148776

Hi! I've got a little question about wifi on my R52, I hope you can help me=
.<br>
I installed Ubuntu Hoary on my R52 and I'm very happy as all the
hardware has been correctly detected and configured out-of-the-box.<br>
I thought the wireless card was not working well because, although the
applet connection on GNOME showed that it received a strong signal, I
was not able to surf the web with it. Strange enough, I could surf my
router's internal web page. It seemed like there was no DNS resolution
when using wireless.<br>
Anyway, yesterday I found where the problem was: the wireless card
connection is working perfectly, it's only that to have DNS resolution
on it, I have to deactivate the LAN (non-wireless) card. It seems like
is always trying to go through the LAN card (eth0) instead of wireless
(eth1), even if there is no LAN cable attached to it and wireless is
available.<br>
This is not a major problem but a bit of a hassle. Most of the time I
work wired on the local network, but when I want to go wireless I have
to deactivate eth0 first. Could this be done automatically, make my
computer smart enough to detect which connection is available and use
it?<br>
pitanplaneta ARROBA gmail PUNTO com<br>jabber: capitanplaneta ARROBA jabber=
es PUNTO org<br>webs: <a href=3D"http://capitanplaneta.blogspot.com/">http:=
//capitanplaneta.blogspot.com/
</a>

------=_Part_8616_5494532.1125127148776--