[ltp] OT: Need CE-Utility Diskette

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 14:18:16 +0200

I've asked this question in several places (including IBM tech support),
but have not been successful yet.  So - being desperate - I dare to ask
on this list:

Does anyone know where to obtain the CE utility diskette for the iSeries
1200 (1161-267 in my case)?

The thing is that my machine has display problems (brightness cannot be
adjusted anymore) and I consider replacing the inverter board.  A new
board, however, needs to be programmed with the ID of the display that
is to be read from the old board.  The corresponding tool is available
on the CE-Utility Diskette, according to the HWMM.  Also, before
shelling out the money for a new board, I'd like to check the settings
in the EEPROM of the old board: Perhaps they've somehow been mangled and
only need to be reprogrammed.

--
Felix E. Klee