[ltp] OpenGL, x.org, T41p ?

François Fleuret linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 14:23:04 +0200

Dear all,

I just tried yesterday to activate the OpenGL on my T41p, runing
Debian unstable.

Everything went smoothly except that I ended with glxgears at
something like 300 fps. According to what I can read here & there,
this is pathetic.

>From what I understand, there is a "direct rendering" business that
should be activated. I have:

> ~ glxinfo | grep -i "direct rendering"
> direct rendering: No

Moreover:

> ~ grep rendering /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> (WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering not yet supported on Radeon 9500 and new=
er cards
> (II) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled

Any idea ? Should I just wait for a newer X.org in Debian ? Mine is

> X Window System Version 6.8.2 (Debian 6.8.2.dfsg.1-5 20050810052028 david=
@squee.verizon.net)
> Release Date: 9 February 2005

Cheers,

--
François Fleuret                              EPFL - CVLAB