[ltp] OpenGL, x.org, T41p ?

Peter Frühberger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:20:48 +0200

François Fleuret schrieb:
> Dear all,
>
> I just tried yesterday to activate the OpenGL on my T41p, runing
> Debian unstable.
>
> Everything went smoothly except that I ended with glxgears at
> something like 300 fps. According to what I can read here & there,
> this is pathetic.
>
>>From what I understand, there is a "direct rendering" business that
> should be activated. I have:
>

>>~ glxinfo | grep -i "direct rendering"
>>direct rendering: No
>

> Moreover:
>

>>~ grep rendering /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>>(WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering not yet supported on Radeon 9500 and newer cards
>>(II) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled
>

> Any idea ? Should I just wait for a newer X.org in Debian ? Mine is
>

>>X Window System Version 6.8.2 (Debian 6.8.2.dfsg.1-5 20050810052028 david@squee.verizon.net)
>>Release Date: 9 February 2005
>

> Cheers,

Hi Francois,

You could try the xorg server from ubuntu breezy (www.ubuntulinux.org),
they do, afaik already have support for 9500 and newer cards with the
r300 opensource modul... but I have never tested it myself

Any other suggestions?

cheers,
Peter

- --
		    Key-ID:     0x1A995A9B
		    keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
Fingerprint: 4606 DA19 EC2E 9A0B 0157  C81B DA07 CF63 1A99 5A9B