[ltp] Partitioning - how to keep IBM recovery partition active?

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:51:23 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005, jgidi@umd.umich.edu wrote:

> When you restart, Windows should load. It will complain about the size of the
> partition being changed, but it should still boot up fine. If your Windows
> installation is working ok, you need to set up NTLDR to dual-boot to Linux.

> If you need to use the recovery partition, just press the
> blue "Access IBM" button when you turn the computer on. It should load up
> properly and allow you to restore Windows.

Don't quite get this: why do you need to use NTLDR?  Grub doesn't get
in the way of accessing the recovery partition for me, I don't think.
If you press the "Access IBM" button, it's pre-grub, pre-NTLDR.
Maybe I'm missing something here though.

Honey