[ltp] Re: Clock drift and kernel 2.6.12.5

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 03:17:55 -0400

I had this issue and seems to solve by adding
/etc/init.d/ntpd restart
resyncing the clock. Don't know about the cause but after patching with
a kernel patch that fixed random crash due to a cdrom race condition
this issue goes away. I have T43 2668W12 and the said crash is due to a
error handling bug in APAPI driver. See near the bottom:
http://rtr.ca/dell_i9300/
do you have random lockup?
Jiang