[ltp] From Jiang: recoverying partition

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 04:08:16 -0400

Hi Joe:
Thanks for the advice. I'll try that.

After I do that(presumably I will can use accessIBM button to get into
recovery console), would I then boot straight to windows partition? How
do I then boot to linux partition? I ask this because I have multiple
linux kernels to boot with grub before.

Do I need to reinstall Grub somewhere, say somewhere on my linux
partition? Or I can boot using NTLDR into multiple linux partitions?

And pardon me for asking too much, what do I need to do beforehand in
order to prepare if things goes wrong I can at least recover to my
current working configuration, which is grub booting all? Do I need to
dd something to save somewhere on my disk or I just need to reinstall
grub? How do I reinstall grub from, say,ubuntu installation disk?

My final question is: anyone did this or somewhere on the internet I
can read about, say dual booting using ntldr?

Thank you indeed.

Jiang