[ltp] Problem with ACPI Standby on G41

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:21:14 -0700

I have a G41 and have not been able to get the machine into ACPI Standby
mode at all.  I have tried all of:

echo -n standby > /sys/power/state
echo -n 3 >/proc/acpi/sleep
echo 1 > /proc/acpi/sleep

all of which have no effect and produce no syslog output.  I am certain
that the ACPI modules are all loaded:

thermal
fan
button
processor
ac
battery

cat /sys/power/state shows the following:
   standby mem disk

cat /proc/acpi/sleep shows the following:
S0 S3 S4 S5

In the BIOS I have set Wake on LAN disabled.  acpi -V reports:
acpi -V
     Battery 1: charged, 98%
     Thermal 1: ok, 52.0 degrees C
     AC Adapter 1: on-line

I have tried with the ibm-acpi module loaded and unloaded, although my
understanding is that the only thing this module does is enable the Fn
key combos, which it doesn't support for this model anyways.  Any
suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Daniel