[ltp] Partitioning - how to keep IBM recovery partition active?

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:57:10 -0400

Jiang Qian wrote:
> I found the instruction that comes with my recovery CDs and it said the
> recovery cd will remove *all data on all partition*. Do people know for
> sure that recovering from hidden partition allow you to recover only to
> first NTFS partition?
> Thanks a lot.

I think there's been enough discussion about this.  Back up your system,
as you should be doing anyway and give it a try.  I have related my
experience.  Take it whatever way you want, but please stop repeating
the same questions, after they've already been answered.  The answer is
not going to change.