[ltp] Partitioning - how to keep IBM recovery partition active?

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:05:24 -0400

Quoting Jiang Qian <qian2@fas.harvard.edu>:

> What choice did it give when you do restoration? Did it say at some
> step "restore to first partition" or "restore to the whole disk"? or it
> just go ahead and restore to the ntfs partition?

At least on my R51, the recovery CDs work this way: they wipe out the entire
drive and rebuild the restore partition, which then reinstalls Windows.

If you restore from the restore partition, you're given the option of
wiping the
whole drive or just the first partition.

Joe