[ltp] Does the PS/2 keyboard port on the Port replicator II work on an A31p?

Michael Reilly linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:32:02 -0700

This may be a bit off topic but I tried using a USB keyboard and mouse with
Linux but Linux appears to drop random character strings while I am typing so I
though I'd try a PS/2 keyboard and mouse.

I can plug a PS/2 mouse into the PS/2 port on the replicator and it works fine.
 But plugging a keyboard into the PS/2 keyboard port doesn't work at all.  I
plugged the keyboard in before powering up the A31p.  Then I tried both windows
and Linux.  Keyboard doesn't work.  Swapped the port replicator - no go.
Keyboard works on other PCs.

Thanks,

michael
--