[ltp] Re: Partitioning - how to keep IBM recovery partition active?

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:01:59 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Peter B. West wrote:

> I think it was honey (Honey? You there?) who said recently that she (I hope)
> was able to access the utilities on the recovery partition through  the
> Access IBM key. I meant to ask her about that, and how she had the system set
> up, but didn't get around to it.  I can't access that partition through the
> Access IBM key, and I can't boot from it.
>
> G41, Gentoo 2.6.12-r9.

T40. Just left recovery partition as it was - in fact, it also works
on my second disk where I installed the recovery partition (yes!)
from CDs first, then installed XP from them (then resizes it, I think,
with parted).  Then installed various distros, mainly Fedora, and
put GRUB in the MBR of /dev/hda.  In both cases, hitting the Access
IBM button at boot time enters the recovery utils screen: the one
with clickable options to get to the BIOS, PC Doctor tools, etc.

I can't understand why the boot loader would effect it really, and
certainly not the distro, but:

T40, Fedora Core 4