[ltp] Re: Partitioning - how to keep IBM recovery partition active?

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:35:51 -0400

Quoting honey@gneek.com:

> T40. Just left recovery partition as it was - in fact, it also works
> on my second disk where I installed the recovery partition (yes!)
> from CDs first, then installed XP from them (then resizes it, I think,
> with parted).  Then installed various distros, mainly Fedora, and
> put GRUB in the MBR of /dev/hda.  In both cases, hitting the Access
> IBM button at boot time enters the recovery utils screen: the one
> with clickable options to get to the BIOS, PC Doctor tools, etc.
>
> I can't understand why the boot loader would effect it really, and
> certainly not the distro, but:
>
> T40, Fedora Core 4

It's becoming pretty apparent that this varies from model to model. I'm on an
R51. Someone said a day or two ago that they had the same situation on
an R50e,
I think. Could be an R-series quirk?

Joe