[ltp] Re: Does the PS/2 keyboard port on the Port replicator II work on an A31p?

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:22:44 +1000

Michael Reilly <michaelr@cisco.com> writes:

> This may be a bit off topic but I tried using a USB keyboard and mouse with
> Linux but Linux appears to drop random character strings while I am typing so I
> though I'd try a PS/2 keyboard and mouse.

I suspect that you have a problem with a less than ideal USB hub in this
case, and in the case of the laptop of your wife.

I have used a number of USB mice and keyboards with my A31p, without a
hitch.  OTOH, regular issues on the linux-kernel list where the exact
issues you describe show up are resolved by replacing the dubious hub...

       Daniel