[ltp] Re: Partitioning - how to keep IBM recovery partition active?

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:59:30 -0400

No. I have T43 and installed grub on MBR and cannot access recovery any
more. I happened to installed for some friends on the T41 series. It
seems that in the older machines like T41 access IBM get you into
some kind of graphic BIOS, where you can select which device to boot
in addition to recover system. Apparently some "smart" people in IBM
decide in T43 to give you a traditional text BIOS and use access IBM to
boot into some kind of primitive thing run on top of DOS. I don't know.
But apparently in order to get into this DOS like environment you don't
want to change your MBR. I don't know for sure but I suspect this is a
thing  on recent models, both T and R series.
Anyone have better ideas?
Jiang