[ltp] Re: From Jiang: recoverying partition

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:14:15 +1200

--nextPart1819383.F8JQn9CLok

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:48, William Dode wrote:

> What is the advantage of the rescue partition instead of a classic linux
> backup solution ? I ask this because 4gb just for a backup tools seems a
> litle bit overkill.

The Rescue Partition is all Windows tools.  The browser is Opera on my T42,=
=20
and does indeed browse the web.  Otherwise, it's all Windows & DOS.  The=20
diagnostics might be of use, and making the restore CDs before removing the=
=20
partition may be useful some day (and quite a lot easier than making them=20
afterwards).

I'm in my caution period now before I remove Windows 98 from my Thinkpad -=
=20
waiting to see if I have any need to boot into it, just to be really=20
cautious.

Soon, I'll set my clock to GMT.

Cheers,
Bret