[ltp] CD-RW for T23?

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:19:27 +1200

--nextPart1912129.v2tNrxc5b2

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:10, njcross@sbcglobal.net wrote:
> Thanks for all the suggestions. I finally bought a 24x10x24x8 Ultrabay
> CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive from ebay. This is my first Thinkpad, and looking at
> the HMM troubleshooting guide (page 59) that  someone on this list sent m=
e,
> it looks fairly complicated to remove old DVD and replace with CD-RW. I
> have to remove fans? Am I looking at the correct manual page? Before this=
> ran Linux on a Mac and it was easy to replace CD players etc.

Turn off the machine.

If what you have is actually an Ultrabay drive and a T23, then push the lit=
tle=20
slide at the back of the DVD opening near the bottom edge.  A tab will then=
=20
pop out.  Pull the tab to eject the Ultrabay DVD from the T23.

Slide the new Ultrabay drive home and seat it in the bay.  Push in the tab.=
 =20
Start the machine.

It is possible someone has put in the security screw on the bottom of the=20
machine to prevent the tab from popping out, so that no one can steal the D=
VD=20
drive.  Only look for this if the tab doesn't pop out - it's not often done.

Cheers,
Bret