[ltp] Partitioning - how to keep IBM recovery partition active?

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:23:33 +1200

--nextPart2118121.1P1nycIShj

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 05:34, Jiang Qian wrote:
> I found the instruction that comes with my recovery CDs and it said the
> recovery cd will remove *all data on all partition*. Do people know for
> sure that recovering from hidden partition allow you to recover only to
> first NTFS partition?

It sounds like you are in a good position to try it as you still have the=20
Recovery Partition on your system?

That's one way to know for your system.  I make a point of restoring my new=
=20
computers so I know how they work before I start putting anything useful on=
=20
them.

Cheers,
Bret