[ltp] OT: Need CE-Utility Diskette

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:37:21 +0200

At Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:21:09 +0200,
Felix E. Klee wrote:
> I've been unsuccessful so far, and tech support told me that the
> diskette is only available to service centers since - if applied
> incorrectly - it may make the machine unusable.

Just called again and this time I got further information:

A tech support person told me that he has access to the diskette image
using the given Web Doc ID.  But, although it's only ca. 300kB in size,
he can't send it to me since there's a large banner on the site stating
that the diskette is only for service partners.  He then connected me to
another person who was supposed to be able to tell me addresses of
support centers close to Baden-Baden, Germany, but this person simply
told me to call tech support again.  So, I did that and this time I met
a person who informed me that there are is only one service center left
in Germany: Geodis in Heppenheim.  So, I called Geodis [1], and a
technician told me again that the diskette is only for internal use,
especially since it can be used to change serial numbers, etc..  But he
said, that I can come to Heppenheim and have the problem fixed on
location (it's only a five minute job he said, and AFAICS there would be
no charges).

The only problem: I probably won't be near Heppenheim in the near
future.  So, I'd still like to have the diskette, especially since I may
need it two times:

1. To check whether the settings of the inverter board are still OK.

2. To reprogram the inverter board in case I replace it (this is
   necessary if the settings are OK, but the board nevertheless doesn't
   behave correctly).

[1] Geodis Deutschland GmbH
    +49 62 52 96 33

--