[ltp] Problem with ACPI Standby on G41

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:01:39 -0400

I quote:
 You may experience problems when using # echo standby >
/sys/power/state (machine goes to sleep and wakes up immediately). This
can be avoided by using # echo -n 3 >/proc/acpi/sleep to get it to
sleep. This can be also happen if hotplug daemon is still running.

---http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_make_ACPI_work
worth a try: stop hotplug and then do echo -n 3 > /proc/acpi
Jiang