[ltp] fyi: kernel 2.6.13 fixes cardbus/pcmcia not working

Noah Dain linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:13:18 -0400

just an fyi, if anyone missed it:

kernel 2.6.13 has some updates to fix cardbus/pcmcia adapters not working.

".. we made x86 use the generic PCI bus setup code for assigning
unassigned resources," Linus began. "That uncovered rather a lot of
nasty small details, but should also mean that a lot of laptops in
particular should be able to discover PCI devices behind bridges that
the BIOS hasn't set up."

It works like a charm on my R40.  I can actually use my cards now,
even if they're not plugged in at power on.  Various kernel pci
parameters never seemed to do the trick for it in the past.  It now
requires no params.

--=20
Noah Dain
noahdain@gmail.com