[ltp] R52 - ACPI - 18586MM

Onno Benschop linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:02:22 +0930

Jiang Qian wrote:

>Just my two cents. What's the result of these commands?
> =20

Appreciate your reply, here goes:

>ls /proc/acpi/ibm
> =20

bay  beep  bluetooth  cmos  dock  driver  hotkey  led  light  thermal  vi=
deo

>cat /var/log/messages|grep ibm_acpi
> =20

Aug 31 10:49:47 latte kernel: ibm_acpi: IBM ThinkPad ACPI Extras v0.11
Aug 31 10:49:47 latte kernel: ibm_acpi: http://ibm-acpi.sf.net/

>what happen if you try to do:
>modprobe ibm_acpi experimental=3D1 hotkey=3Denable,0xfff
> =20

I now have ACPI events for F1 - F12 (after creating some events for them)=
=2E

Excellent - that'll come in good use.

>what if you don't use frambuffer for console?
> =20

I didn't initially, and it also gave me corruption. I wonder if it's=20
related to the BIOS video extend option?

>what video driver do you use? open source or ATI?
> =20

It's an on-board Intel 915, so neither of those. Based on a google I=20
started with, I'm using the Knoppix suggestion of vesa, but I'm sure I=20
should be using something else.

>if you do df -h do your hard drive show up as sda or hda?
> =20

sda, caused me all manner of problems during installation :)

>what happen if you do=20
>echo -n 3 >/proc/acpi/sleep
> =20

That does the same as the lid being closed, but I just figured out=20
something:

If I actually stop mysql first, it actually sleeps. Just implemented a=20
blinking sleep light and all good.

Whoot!

So, now I have sleep, wakeup doesn't properly restore the external USB=20
mouse, but an unplug-plug fixes that. I suspect I need to unload a few=20
more modules, but I'll take advice on that.

It doesn't hibernate just yet, but I feel like I'm making a little=20
progress here.

Any more clue-bats to go around?

--=20
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34=B045'36.5" - E139=B000'08.7" (Mount Pleasan=
t, SA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

Proudly supported by Skipper Trucks, Highway1, Concept AV, Sony Central, =
Dalcon
ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -   onno@itmaze.=
com.au