[ltp] R52 - ACPI - 18586MM

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 02:02:32 -0400

Glad sleep now works. Just curious, what are you running mysql for? On=20
a notebook??
Also a hint. Now you load ibm_acpi using
modprobe ibm_acpi experimental=3D1 hotkey=3Denable,0xfff
try=20
echo disable> /proc/acpi/ibm/fan
to disable fan. If the fan annoys you, you can try the script on wiki=20
to make the fan only on at the temperature you set. It also saves=20
battery. But be aware if you don't take battery off when  you're on AC=20
hot system is bad for your battery.

If you use gkrellm I highly recommend you to compile the latest=20
version(maybe it's already there on sid)
It now support showing ibm_acpi temperature/fan sensors. Particularly=20
when you're fiddling with fan, you don't want to toast your system=20
doing it. I now use 2.2.7

Good luck.
Jiang