[ltp] Problem with ACPI Standby on G41

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:47:47 -0700

Hi, I will try to answer the last three replies with this one mail:

> That's why I asked whether your Hard drive show up as SATA. see my old

drive is not SATA

>What does
>$ cat /proc/acpi/ibm/driver
>tell you?

driver:		IBM ThinkPad ACPI Extras
version:	0.11

but also i thought that this driver has no effect on going into
standby/suspend modes.  it only adds support for Fn keys, ability to set
temp thresholds for fans, and some other niceties.  no?

>Did yu try to boot with
>
>  acpi_sleep=s3_bios
>
>as a kernel boot parameter?

I just read /usr/src/linux/Documentation/power/video.txt entitled "Video
issues with S3 resume".  It states "S3 has absolutely no chance of working with SMP/HT. Be sure it to turn it off before testing (swsusp should work ok, OTOH)."  Is it possible to turn off HT on a running kernel prior to suspend?  I don't think so.  Also, running Windows it is possible to Suspend and resume, so at least technically it is feasable.  I guess now I will focus on swsusp.