[ltp] External TFT with higher resolution on a IBM T40

Konstantin Filtschew linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 01 Sep 2005 00:22:45 +0200

--=-8N8xp0YjbKh1OB38wlC/

hello,

I have a small problem to solve. The LCD of my T40 2373-8cg has only a
small resolution 1024x768.

Now I bought a nice TFT with a higher resolution: 1280x1024.

I tried several tricks, but I can't change the resolution higher then
1024x768. The problem is that, I try to change the resolution on the
Laptop-LCD, but I have to do it on the external VGA.

Any Idea how to do this. I need to know how to control the resolution on
the external VGA.

Thx for your help

Konstantin Filtschew
--=20
Building an operation system without source code,
is like buying a  self assemble space shuttle without
instructions.

--=-8N8xp0YjbKh1OB38wlC/

--=-8N8xp0YjbKh1OB38wlC/--