[ltp] T43p problem with ACPI and battery status

Osho GG linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:18:24 -0800

On 11/29/05, Ziga Mahkovec <ziga.mahkovec@klika.si> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 09:18 -0800, Osho GG wrote:
> > On 11/28/05, Ziga Mahkovec <ziga.mahkovec@klika.si> wrote:
> > > Yes, it was mentioned earlier in this thread.  Modify your grub/lilo
> > > configuration and include the following kernel parameter:
> > >
> > >   acpi_serialize
> >
> > I understood that this only partially solves the problem. Is that corre=
ct?

> It's been working very reliably for me for the last couple of days.  I
> haven't seen any syslog errors either (as Nir reported on acpi4linux).

I started using acpi_serialize and the battery problem has vanished.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Now, my question is what do I lose (performance or features wise) by
using acpi_serialize? I haven't seen any noticeable differences yet.

thanks,
Osho