[ltp] Best distro for 760XD

Mendel Cooper linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:56:37 -0700 (MST)

I just picked up a 760XD Thinkpad for a few bucks. Just wondering
what would be the best Linux distro to install on it.

Specs for the 760XD:
166 MHz Pentium MMX
64M memory (could upgrade to 80M or 104)
12" 1024x768 screen
2 Gb HD (could upgrade to 3 or 4, if necessary)

The main problem is that it can't boot from the CD drive.
Can't have CD drive and floppy plugged in at the same time, either.
This means I have to use something like loadlin.exe to boot from.

Now, I could always install Red Hat 9, current as of 2-1/2 years ago,
but I'd rather do something a bit more up to date.

Damn Small Linux maybe?

What would you people recommend?

Thanks.