[ltp] Temperature problem with my T41p

Fred bobby linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:13:58 +0800

Hi,

I have a big problem with my T41p running debian etch : when the cpu
burn (dvd rip for example) the temperature increase very quickly until
shutdown (94=B0 Celsius).

But in fact the REAL temperature is not high, because when I check the
heat (put my hand beside the fan out) it's not very hot (not as hot as
I play game under windows for example).

But it's very strange because when the cpu idle the temperature is
correct : between 45 and 50=B0, and in 1 minute increase until at least
85=B0 Celsius and go on until shutdown.

I tried to solve this problem but I didn't succeed : recompiling
kernel without ACPI and using APM : ok for temperature but even with a
cpufreq governor on performance sometimes the CPU speed is higher
sometimes lower. I changed the kernel (2.6.14 instead 2.6.12) but it's
the same problem : temperature increase very quickly until shutdown.

My motherboard is brand new : just changed by repair center (not for
this problem) and it was the same with the old motherboard : shutdown
when cpu burn.

I need your help. Thanks.