[ltp] Best distro for 760XD

Adrian Bastholm linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:05:50 +0100

Debian or Gentoo
/a

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org
[mailto:linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org] On Behalf Of Mendel Cooper
Sent: den 1 december 2005 06:05
To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Subject: Re: [ltp] Best distro for 760XD

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Mendel Cooper wrote:

> I just picked up a 760XD Thinkpad for a few bucks. Just wondering what
> would be the best Linux distro to install on it.
>
> Specs for the 760XD:
> 166 MHz Pentium MMX
> 64M memory (could upgrade to 80M or 104) 12" 1024x768 screen
> 2 Gb HD (could upgrade to 3 or 4, if necessary)

I also want to ask about setting up sound and the built-in modem. Yep, it's
one of those funky Mwave DSP / MDSP2780 Winmodems. Will it work with the
standard Mwave driver? And, I've heard that sound under Linux isn't
supported. Hope that has changed.

Should have any problem with setting up X. Same Trident Cyber 9385 chip set
as the 760XL, and that always played fine with Linux.

Again, Thanks.