[ltp] T43p problem with ACPI and battery status

Nir Tzachar linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 3 Dec 2005 01:21:52 +0200 (IST)

> > is this an SMP kernel? does it use PREEMPT?
>
> Same here, I built 2.6.14-1.1644_FC4 (+libata) and the acpi_serialize
> hack is no longer required.  The configuration defaults are:
>
>   # CONFIG_SMP is not set
>   # CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE is not set
>   CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY=y
>   # CONFIG_PREEMPT is not set

which in fact (if i understand correctly) has the same effect...
since the kernel is no longer preemtible, there is no need to serialize
the acpi code. (the acpi code does not use voluntary preemption as i can
see. correct me if im wrong, as i have not gone too deep into the code).

nir.