[ltp] T43p problem with ACPI and battery status

Ziga Mahkovec linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 03 Dec 2005 14:26:51 +0100

On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 01:21 +0200, Nir Tzachar wrote:
> > Same here, I built 2.6.14-1.1644_FC4 (+libata) and the acpi_serialize
> > hack is no longer required.  The configuration defaults are:
> >
> >   # CONFIG_SMP is not set
> >   # CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE is not set
> >   CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY=y
> >   # CONFIG_PREEMPT is not set
>
> which in fact (if i understand correctly) has the same effect...
> since the kernel is no longer preemtible, there is no need to serialize
> the acpi code. (the acpi code does not use voluntary preemption as i can
> see. correct me if im wrong, as i have not gone too deep into the code).

Note that the same configuration was used for the previous kernel.  But,
more importantly, I got another ACPI reentrancy error today -- looks
like the problem wasn't fixed after all.  So it's back to acpi_serialize
for me :/

--
Ziga