[ltp] disable/enable internal LCD on X41

Guenther Starnberger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 04 Dec 2005 19:09:53 +0100

hello,

as i use my X41 with an external monitor when at home I would like to
disable the internal LCD - but somehow this doesn't work.

i810switch doesn't seem to have any effect. after disabling the display
it is still on (although the i810switch status display claims that it is
disabled).

i855crt doesn't seem to allow to change the state of the internal LCD.

"echo lcd_disable >/proc/acpi/ibm/video" works, but "echo lcd_enable
>/proc/acpi/ibm/video" doesn't work - so I can't enable it anymore after
disabling it. (the strange think is that when i switch to a console with
ctrl-alt-f1 the LCD display is used for it, so there must be some way to
enable it but I can't find out how to control this).

i am currently using version 0.8 of the IBM acpi extras. does this work
with newer versions? any other hints/methods how i can solve this?

bye,
/gst