[ltp] Re: [ANN] tp_smapi - a new Linux SMAPI driver

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 03:24:14 +0200

Hi Volker,

On 12/5/05, volker gropp <vgropp@pefra.de> wrote:

> > Does the original version compile if you add
> >  #include <linux/device.h>
> > ?
>
> No, it doesnt. But maybe thats a suspend2 issue.

Works fine with 2.6.14.3+suspend2, but it looks like 2.6.15-rc3 has
stripped out the whole concept of suspend levels in 2.6.15-rc3. Any
idea why? I'll fix that in the next version.

> > > What exactly are we looking for, and how to look defined functions up=
?

> > Try "objdump -x TPPWRW32.DLL". It has many exported functions, and the
> > name should give you an idea about the capabilities supported by your
> > software version. The implementation is split between TPPWRW32.DLL or
> > PWRMGRIF.DLL, which contain the logic and function-specific code, and
> > a device driver (TPPWRIF.SYS here) which executes the SMAPI code. We
> > have the latter pretty much covered, but the former is a big mystery.
>
> You can find the objdump output at http://www.gropp.org/TPPWRW32.DLL.expo=
rts
> For me SM_GetInhibitChargeStatus and SM_SetChargeCapacityThreshold looks
> interesting.

Good, but I can't add support for that without knowing what SMAPI
functions they use, and I don't have an X40. You'll have to take it
from here by the means suggested earlier.

  Shem