[ltp] Re: [ANN] tp_smapi - a new Linux SMAPI driver

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 04:02:24 +0200

Hi,

On 12/5/05, Volker Gropp <vgropp@pefra.de> wrote:
> not really, but havent followed kernel discussion lately. If its really
> a 2.6.15 issue only, a simple #if KERNEL_VERSOIN should be enough.
> What i missed mentioning earlier, even with my patch, i get the
> following warnings on compile:
> /usr/src/tp_smapi-0.02/tp_smapi.c:393: warning: initialization from incom=
patible pointer type
> /usr/src/tp_smapi-0.02/tp_smapi.c:395: warning: initialization from incom=
patible pointer type

Eeek. This will indeed require some #ifdefs, so I'll hold this off
until 2.6.15 is out, just in case they change things again.

> I know, though i dont have experience in Windows Debugging yet.

Yes, not having the sourecode makes it a bit inconvenient... For
disassembly, the best tool is IDA Pro. For the hardware breakpoint
approach, SoftICE is your buddy. Both have evaluation versions. I
wonder why IBM/Lenovo makes their customers stoop to this, when they
must already have the spec neatly typed out and filed in triplicates.

  Shem