[ltp] Re: [ANN] tp_smapi - a new Linux SMAPI driver

Peter Frühberger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:13:09 +0100

Shem Multinymous schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Peter,  Stefan, Csillag: thanks for the reports! Maybe your laptops
> (R40, T40p and G41) don't support this specific SMAPI function? Can
> you set charge threshold under Winows from IBM's Battery Maximizer?
>
> Attached is tp_smapi 0.02, which has more informative error reporting.
> Let's see what dmesg says now on your systems.
>
> Peter, about the DMI check, how is your R40 identified? Can you attach
> the output of
> "dmidecode  | grep -C5 Product"?
>
>   Shem

Hi again,
I just came over to a other problem, radeonfb whitelist patch in the
newest updatet version, it also take the whitelist code from hdaps...

here is the relevant output from my R40:

root@todesstern:/home/fritsch/tp_smapi-0.02# dmidecode -s system-version
Not Available

I run the absolut latest bios version from October 19th, 2005

If I change the .c file to *G*:
       struct dmi_system_id tp_whitelist[] = {
                TP_DMI_MATCH("ThinkPad T"),
                TP_DMI_MATCH("ThinkPad Z"),
                TP_DMI_MATCH("ThinkPad X"),
                TP_DMI_MATCH("Not Available"),
                { .ident = NULL }
        };

It loads fine...

Seems to get funny in the future considering (radeonfb, hdaps, tp_smapi)
all using the new whitelist...

thx
Peter

- --
		    Key-ID:     0x1A995A9B
		    keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
Fingerprint: 4606 DA19 EC2E 9A0B 0157  C81B DA07 CF63 1A99 5A9B