[ltp] middle mouse button and trackpoint scrolling: combining the two in xorg.conf

Efthym linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:02:38 +0200

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 13:32:40 +0200, Lars Otten
<ottenl@student.chalmers.se> wrote:

> On 12/05/05 03:48, Andrey Kislyuk wrote:
>> "EmulateWheel" in xorg.conf enables scrolling with the trackpoint when
>> the middle button is depressed. However, I haven't been able to make the
>> middle button down+up event work as a middle button keypress when the
>> mouse is not moving. I know there are "EmulateWheelButton" and
>> "EmulateWheelButtonTimeout" options, but they don't work for me.
>>
>> So, any accounts of getting it working in Xorg 6.8, and how does your
>> xorg.conf look in that case? Does it work in Xorg 7, and what's the
>> syntax there?
>
> As far as I recall this is not supported in 6.8, you'll have to move to
> 7.0
> for it. Then the said commands should work just fine.

I'm still using 6.8 and middle button works. What doesn't work is
scrolling left-right. I managed to get the movement but it was also
sending a keypress event for the middle button. Anyway, here's my
xorg.conf:

Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier     "Default Layout"
         Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0