[ltp] Re: [ANN] tp_smapi - a new Linux SMAPI driver

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 18:27:23 +0200

Hi,

On 12/5/05, Volker Gropp <vgropp@pefra.de> wrote:
> * On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 16:32:13 +0200, Shem Multinymous wrote:
> +#ifndef platform_bus_type
> +#include <linux/platform_device.h>
> +#endif

That #ifdef doesn't wok (it doesn't see function symbols). I'll use this:

#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >=3D KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,15)
#include <linux/platform_device.h>
#else
#include <linux/device.h>
#endif

> - cat and echo /sys/devices/platform/smapi/start_charge_thresh:
>   works and the setting takes effect as expected, only bug is in dmesg
>   old setting is always reported as "0" (tp_smapi: changed start
>   threshold of battery 0 to 70) when it was 90 to 70 actually.
> - cat and echo /sys/devices/platform/smapi/inhibit_charge:
>   works aswell, and stops/starts charging as expected, the "0" to X
>   applies here aswell.

The "0" is the battey number... Will be rephrased.

> One thing i would like to have aswell is cycle count, but that would be
> only some "nice to have" and nothing really needed.

I'll include it once someone figures out the interface.

  Shem