[ltp] Re: [ANN] tp_smapi - a new Linux SMAPI driver

Guenther Starnberger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 05 Dec 2005 21:08:22 +0100

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 02:30 +0200, Shem Multinymous wrote:

Hello,

> That's very strange too. Doesn't the sysfs driver system take care of
> providing a nice NULL-terminated buffer?! Almost all the drivers I
> looked at assume that.

I currently too use 2.6.12 and get a similiar problem. cat
start_charge_tresh leads to a segfault. the kernel oops is there too.

what may be a reason for the problem is the following:
tp_smapi.c:471: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
tp_smapi.c:471: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
tp_smapi.c:472: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
tp_smapi.c:472: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
tp_smapi.c:473: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
tp_smapi.c:473: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

I will upgrade my kernel (also for other reasons) in the next days and
check it with a newer version on my X41.

bye,
/gst