[ltp] Re: [ANN] tp_smapi - a new Linux SMAPI driver

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 22:23:24 +0200

On 12/5/05, Guenther Starnberger <gst@sysfrog.org> wrote:
> I currently too use 2.6.12 and get a similiar problem. cat
> start_charge_tresh leads to a segfault. the kernel oops is there too.
>
> what may be a reason for the problem is the following:
> tp_smapi.c:471: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> tp_smapi.c:471: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> tp_smapi.c:472: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> tp_smapi.c:472: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> tp_smapi.c:473: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> tp_smapi.c:473: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

Ah. So something changed in the driver model interface. Patches
welcome. Meanwhile I'll add a version check and abort compilation for
kernel <2.6.14 (did anyone try it on 2.6.13.x?).

Meawhile, version 0.05 is available on SourceForge, courtesy of Thomas
Hood and the tpctl project:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3D1212&package_id=3D1=
71579

0.05  2005-12-05