[ltp] Noise and Power Consumption of T20 and T23

Hannes Kuhnert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 21:29:44 +0100

Now I've been using a Thinkpad T20 for several months and I really like it:=
=20
Most time the fan isn't running, hence it operates quite quiet.

My sister would like to have a notebook, too, and she should get one of the=
se:

	T20	featuring Mobile Pentium III 750MHz	319=A4
	T23	featuring Mobile Pentium III-M 1000MHz	369=A4

I'm expecting the T23 to be clearly more powerful and that would justify th=
e=20
higher price.

Information about the CPU on <http://thinkwiki.org> lets me assume, that th=
e=20
T23 consumes more power than the T20. Is that right? Is it relevant, if one=
=20
does the same things - I mean only writing, e-mailing and things like that =
=2D=20
on both machines?

Can the T23 be operated without the fan running as well as the T20 at low=20
load?

Which one of T20-750 and T23-1000 would you choose and why? What are=20
significant differences?

BTW, has anyone else experienced a Thinkpad interfering with FM Radio? Mine=
=20
does, the AC Adaptor does it even more, not to mention the notebook switche=
d=20
on on AC power.
=2D-=20
Hannes Kuhnert, Chemnitz, Germany