[ltp] Slightly OT: where are the 10GHz P6 thinkpads?

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 06 Dec 2005 18:25:20 +1300

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 14:36, Richard Neill wrote:
> An interesting thought struck me today. For the last 8 years, I have
> upgraded every 2 years, in order to (roughly) double the performance of
> the computer. 2 years has now elapsed since my last upgrade, and it is
> time for another one. Yet there isn't any compelling new product to buy!
> I wonder why that is, and if anyone can explain it?

I recon they are all waiting to see what they have to provide for
Longhorn/Vista to work nicely.

Also for the average machine doing the average things on somebody's desk or
lap what we have at the moment is many times more powerful than that which
is actually necessary.

--
CS